The Art Director Assistant duties include coordinating visual projects, managing junior staff members, disbursing budget, overseeing art department activities, and completing any other tasks assigned by the art director. In some positions, the Art Director Assistant expected to help develop preliminary design concepts to be reviewed by a director, and if additional artists are hired, the Art Director Assistant job is to supervise, ensure assets follow the approved plans, and that they are delivered on time. Once designs are approved, the Art Director Assistant in hiring more creative staff to complete the media or web projects. The Art Director Assistant also have various clerical responsibilities including disbursing budget allowances, making sure expenditures do not exceed the allocated funds, and tracking project progress to keep everyone on schedule.
Art Director Assistant Responsibilities:
- Managing marketing and publicity for visual and performing arts events, retail, and arts education programs.
- Work with musicians, technicians, and event staff to develop and present music concerts
- Supervise part-time staff working in marketing, design or related.
- Provide support to the Director in management of all operations.
- Supports the production team to achieve overall goals, most often as it pertains to shot department.
- Scheduling meetings and related bookings needs.
- Assisting in the preparation of screenings, presentations, meetings.
- Taking meeting notes and timely distribution.
- Research tasks, projects, and gathering materials as needed.
Art Director Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in the arts, arts administration, or a related field.
- Skill in prioritizing, managing, and delegating complicated assignments.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Solid attention to detail and follow-through, problem-solver.
- Excellent proficiency with MS software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Art Director Assistant – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Art Director Assistant? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.