The Assistant Event Coordinator is responsible for providing assistance to coordinators in the effective and efficient planning of events, from weddings to academic gatherings, to charity shows and international events. The Assistant Event Coordinator is usually expected to help the coordinators ensure a smoothly run event and to handle any hitch that may arise in the course of the event. The Assistant Event Coordinator may work for hotels, planning companies, or under event planners. The ideal Assistant Event Coordinator is a motivated self-starter who is creative and pragmatic with a relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude. The Assistant Event Coordinator will provide operational support to the event coordinator, as well as communicate with internal employees, event speakers, partner agencies, etc.
Assistant Event Coordinator Responsibilities:
- General administrative work, sending calendar invites and others.
- Coordinate content dependencies deliverables with stakeholders.
- Special projects work: communications, deliverable tracking, process documentation.
- Develop and implement project plans and timelines, daily/monthly reporting.
- Gathering information and analyzing necessary data to create project plans, dashboards, and schedules.
- Identifying opportunities for driving scale and efficiencies throughout the events program.
- Prepares financial report on events with the event coordinator.
Assistant Event Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma or related field.
- Solid project coordination experience, event experience or related.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical capacity.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Makes data-driven decisions.
Asistant Event Coordinator – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Asistant Event Coordinator? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.