The responsibility of the Chief People Officer will be to manage the human capital of an organization. The Chief People Officer will have responsibility for managing the Human Resources function in a company, acting as the top people strategist within organization. As part of the Chief People Officer, will be expected to provide creative and insightful solutions to critical HR issues and advise other members of the executive team accordingly. The Chief People Officer (CPO) is the head of this more multifaceted HR department. Also their job is to create the strategy and vision that help the company achieve long-term success. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief People Officer acts as the architect for the company’s talent strategy and corporate-culture initiatives.
Chief People Officer Responsibilities:
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of the CEO.
- Identify cross-functional opportunities.
- Drafting external and internal communications for the CEO.
- Track and follow up on what appear to be smoldering issues and alert.
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management and initiative implementation.
- Serve as liaison between team members, executives, senior leaders, and the CEO.
- Drive the development, management, and continual improvement process related to all business processes.
- Systematically monitor, review, and upgrade systems, policies, risk management controls, and procedures to maintain the highest standards of operational excellence.
Chief People Officer Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Human Recourses, management or related.
- Solid experience in a CPO role and/or business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising.
- Strong growth orientation, analytical skills, budget management and the ability to communicate data factually and insightfully.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to rapidly develop and cultivate relationships with peers, partners, and key influencers.
Chief People Officer – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Chief People Officer? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.