The Community Manager will be responsible for aligning all company communications, PR, social media, and marketing content to create a strong brand identity. The Community Manager will be the first point of contact for online fans and followers, thus developing an intimate relationship with the online community. To be successful as a Community Manager, will need to have a deep passion for social media, stay abreast of new developments and opportunities in the industry, and be a strategic thinker. The Community Manager must have an outgoing personality as in-person networking will also be part of the job.
Community Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve Service Excellence standards through coaching, training, and mentoring to staff.
- Ensure that team members meet operational and organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop a content plan.
- Create engaging content for all platforms, including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, and videos.
- Engage with the online community and respond to comments and requests.
- Analyze web traffic and relevant community metrics.
- Relay community feedback to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Oversees the marketing/sales/customer service effort to ensure maximum occupancy by providing proper tools and training to staff, reviewing monthly traffic reports, and market Surveys.
Community Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related.
- Must have excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Solid experience as a Community Manager.
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals.
- Strong experience with social media.
Community Manager – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Community Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.