The Desktop Support Engineer is IT support specialist that assist clients with hardware and software issues. The Desktop Support Engineer job is to provide on remote technical assistance including the setting up of computer hardware systems, installing and upgrading software, and troubleshooting basic IT issues. The Desktop Support Engineer´s vital goal is to deliver support to an organization’s desktop, laptop to ensure all computers, network connections and software are functioning smoothly. The Desktop Support Engineer contribute the success of the organization by the computer support in the desktop environment.
Desktop Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Taking ownership of reported technician escalated issues, see problems through to resolution, and/or escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve hardware and software issues
- Build, test and deploy application patches, upgrades, etc.
- Work in concert with internal IT teams to ensure the highest level of service delivery to the user community.
- Document security patch levels and compliance for different operative’s systems.
Desktop Support Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Solid experience as a desktop support engineer, technical support engineer, or similar role.
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications.
- Must have excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Strong experience supporting remote users and troubleshooting.
Desktop Support Engineer – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Desktop Support Engineer? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.