The Game Artist is someone who works with a passion for all genres of games, a knack for coding and storytelling, and an understanding of the industry, market and target audiences. The Game Artist can expect to manage teams of programmers, artists, animators and sound engineers, as well as plan schedules and work with budgets. The Game Artist responsibilities also include developing design and gaming protocols, defining game-play mechanics, coordinating with other game designers, ensuring quality, and meeting with company executives. Moreover, A game artist creates characters and environment images for computer games and video games. The Game Artist responsibilities include concept design, animation, and user experience. The Game Artist job duties involve collaborating with other artists and graphic designers, creating sketches for storyboards, and contributing style to the look of games.
Game Artist Responsibilities:
- Create exemplary art in regards to character design, color theory, layout, text treatment, and animation ability.
- Continually sharpen artistic and software expertise through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Work closely with Senior Artists and the Lead Artist, producing high-quality art in an iterative process.
- Demonstrate excellent file structure and organization.
- Create art assets and document all art assets created with minimal mistakes.
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from the Lead Artist, Game Designer, and other team members.
- Mentor junior artists within the studio as well as throughout game development.
Game Artist Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts in art/animation or related field.
- Solid experience as a Staff Artist.
- Excellent drawing and rendering abilities.
- Strong excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Studio Max or other 3D platforms.
- Ability to self-manage time with a reasonable degree of accountability and minimal instruction.
- Understand how to design art for various themes and platforms.
Game Artist – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Game Artist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.