The Game Tester main responsibility is to test and review games before they go out to market. In this role, the Game Tester will be required to play every game to competition, noting any bugs or glitches on the way. The Game Tester will also be required to play every level, find hidden objects, and recommend any extensions or modifications. To ensure success as a Game Tester, should have in-depth knowledge of video game design, a passion for gaming, and a good eye for detail. A top-notch Game Tester understands the psychology of a gamer and notes any details that would hamper the sales performance of the product.
Game Tester Responsibilities:
- Execute test cases with attention to detail to help ensure the quality of the product.
- Perform both functional and subjective testing and separate the two properly.
- Write clear and concise steps to reproduce in a bug report.
- Thoroughly investigate and analyze issues to find root causes.
- Find defects in the software.
- Accurately execute all assigned test cases.
- Enter detailed, but concise, bugs into bug database.
- Regress fixed bugs on each release.
- Be prepared to provide insight as to the playability of a title.
- Work closely with developers, reproducing and owning issues.
Game Tester Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in game design, computer science, or technical art.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled troubleshooter.
- An understanding of the software development life cycle and how testing applies.
- Solid experience logging defects in bug systems.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work in a team environment.
Game Tester – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Game Tester? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.