The Human Resources Assistant supports human resources processes by administering tests, scheduling appointments, conducting orientation, maintaining records and information. The Human Resources Assistant substantiates applicants’ skills by administering and scoring tests. The Human Resources Assistant schedules examinations by coordinating appointments. Also the Human Resources Assistant Welcomes new employees to the organization by conducting orientation. The Human Resources Assistant provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records and submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data. The Human Resources Assistant maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
Human Resources Assistant Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
Human Resources Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related.
- Solid experience as an HR assistant.
- Exposure to labor law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Strong payroll practices.
Human Resources Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Human Resources Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.