The Industrial Hygienist Specialist will assist leadership to resolve health issues by identifying risks, and by implementing policies and programs to mitigate these. The Industrial Hygienist Specialist will conduct training and presentations to ensure employee awareness of occupational health developments, lead biological monitoring programs, effect corrective actions, and halt operations where necessary. The Industrial Hygienist Specialist also monitors, assesses, and resolves health and safety issues in the work environment. The Industrial Hygienist Specialist identifies and evaluates chemical and biological dangers such as air quality, ergonomic challenges, or dangerous sound levels.
Industrial Hygienist Specialist Responsibilities:
- Implements applicable occupational health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Serve as a technical consultant to management on industrial hygiene evaluations of the work environment.
- Review regulatory requirements prior to conducting air sampling, and assess hazards.
- Develop sampling strategies and apply recognized standards.
- Help with or perform sampling using indirect and direct reading instruments to quantify hazards.
- Advise management on industrial hygiene issues.
- Recommend actions to prevent or minimize health hazards.
- Provide industrial hygiene input to risk management decision processes.
Industrial Hygienist Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or graduate (or higher level) degree in industrial hygiene, occupational health sciences, occupational and environmental health, toxicology, safety sciences, or related science.
- Solid experience conducting evaluations of work operations.
- Documented experience in the development and implementation of hazard assessments and safety plans.
- Knowledge and experience with performing industrial hygiene field measurements and safety evaluations.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of analytical monitoring equipment.
Industrial Hygienist Specialist – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Industrial Hygienist Specialist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.