The Interior Design Assistant provide administrative and clerical support to Interior Designers. The Interior Design Assistant tasks include preparing documents, updating client databases, taking phone calls, handling correspondence, organizing meetings, estimating project costs, helping source products, etc. The Interior Design Assistant should highlight interior design familiarity, creativity, telephone etiquette, attention to details, customer service orientation, and multitasking. The Interior Design Assistant perform creative duties under the supervision of an interior designer also communicate with the client to arrange meetings and consultations with the designer.
Interior Design Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist senior interior designer.
- Work with architects and designers for coordination and meetings.
- Liaise with shipping, moving and storage companies.
- Prepare budget and schedule.
- Research and source materials, lighting, fabrics and furniture.
- Prepare 2D and 3D plans for presentation.
- Collaborate with contractors on scheduling, deliveries and installations.
Interior Design Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or related field.
- Solid working experience in decorating interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning and new constructions).
- Expertise in layout, colour, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture and all installations.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, 3D Max, Illustrator or other design programs.
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Project management skills.
Interior Design Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Interior Design Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.