The Lawyer Virtual Assistant support lawyers with various tasks, including conducting legal research, drafting and reviewing documents, communicating with clients, preparing hearings, trials, and meetings, and organizing and maintaining files. The Lawyer Virtual Assistant is expected to work well under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, Lawyer Virtual Assistant should be proficient at multi-tasking, intuitive and excellent communicators with a keen interest in providing accurate and insightful support to lawyers and legal teams. The Lawyer Virtual Assistant will be experts in key legal concepts with fantastic organizational skills, great IT skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Lawyer Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist with case preparation including opening and closing arguments, and aiding in court motions or pleadings.
- Daily record keeping with electronic and physical filing of caseloads.
- Analyze and summarize documents.
- Conduct legal research on cases and gather pertinent legal information.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations in legal documents.
- Compile, proofread and edit drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies and other legal documents.
- Monitor, study and develop written summaries of proposed and enacted legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry guidelines, trade journals and other relevant publications.
Lawyer Virtual Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in law or paralegal certification or similar.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents.
- Solid drafting and negotiation skills with the ability to manage complex issues as well as support multi-stakeholder, forward-thinking.
- Excellent oral communication, writing and client facing skills.
- Ability to work independently while operating under strict deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills, with ability to provide alternate approaches and solutions.
Lawyer Virtual Assistant – US & Can
Lawyer Virtual Assistant – USA & Canada. Looking to hire a Lawyer Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. Remoto Workforce US.