The Medical Administrative Assistant is an organized and computer-literate and is responsible for healthcare facility’s front desk tasks. The Medical Administrative Assistant tasks include answering phone calls, managing appointment bookings and updating the facility’s system with patients’ information. To be successful as a Medical Administrative Assistant must be able to keep patients’ information confidential and exercise patience when working with potentially difficult individuals. A good Medical Administrative Assistant has great attention to detail and is able to prioritize tasks efficiently.
Medical Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that claims go to the correct payers with correct patient demographics.
- Verify patient insurance eligibility and update patient’s account.
- Analyzes medical charts for completeness and indexes documents scanned into the system.
- Performs data integrity duties including identity verification, correcting patient information and document corrections.
- Interview patients for case histories prior to appointments.
- Update and maintain patients’ health records.
- Assist patients with initial paperwork.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments.
- Process insurance claims in compliance with law requirements.
Medical Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or related.
- Solid experience with medical software and MS Office.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations.
- Familiarity with medical and insurance legislation.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
Medical Administrative Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Medical Administrative Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.