The Medical Billing Specialist is in charge of calculating and collecting payments for medical procedures and services. The Medical Billing Specialist work includes updating patient data, developing payment plans, and preparing invoices. In this position, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation, and sound judgment. As a Medical Billing Specialist, daily duties will include maintaining billing software, appealing denied claims, and recording late payments. To succeed in this role, the Medical Billing Specialist must possess in-depth knowledge of billing software and medical insurance policies.
Medical Billing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Prepare and verify accuracy of billing data.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for medical services.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Monitor reconciliation process to ensure receipt of missing payments
- Examine invoices for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Contact clinics, hospitals, or clients to obtain or relay account information.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
Medical Billing Specialist Requirements:
- High school diploma or Associates or bachelor’s degree.
- Solid experience in medical billing or any equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competent use of computer systems, software, and calculators.
- Customer service skills regarding claims and payments.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Medical Billing Specialist – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Medical Billing Specialist? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.