The Medical Virtual Assistant perform administrative tasks to help a healthcare facility run smoothly. In this remote position, the Medical Virtual Assistant responsibilities include entering patient data into files, maintaining a database of records, scheduling appointments for patients, and collecting information for patient health assessments online or over the phone. In some Medical Virtual Assistant jobs, also work with the medical billing staff to verify insurance coverage before the physician or other clinical staff provides treatment to a patient and submit billing information to insurance companies after the services are completed The Medical Virtual Assistant may also follow up with patients to check on the status of their condition or direct incoming calls to the appropriate medical professional.
Medical Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings with the medical coach team.
- Support culture of personalized patient care.
- Assist the medical coach in obtaining needed records from outside facilities.
- Insurance follow up, referrals, and prior authorizations.
- Upload necessary documents in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Educate patients on the equipment they will be using.
- Coordinate with support regarding equipment and treatment needs.
- Maintain on-going communication with provider and practice staff via telephone and by sharing patient care plans and summaries
- Preserve and monitor assigned patient roster.
Medical Virtual Assistant Requirements:
- High school or equivalent.
- Solid experience within a medical setting.
- Strong office experience.
- Excellent customer service/ patient interaction skills.
- Personal computer ability.
Medical Virtual Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Medical Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.