The Network Operation Center Engineer works with technical knowledge of networks, LANs, WANs, routers, switches, firewalls, circuits, VPN’s, workstations, laptops, servers, and cabling systems. The Network Operation Center Engineer has a strong customer service skills and have a strong oral and written skills. The Network Operation Center Engineer is a creative problem solving and issue resolution skills, detail oriented individual with a strong inclination to fully document all actions and conversations. The Network Operation Center Engineer, ensure timely escalation of customer problems by assigning priority and resolution and follow established documented procedures, and identify potential improvements. The Network Operation Center Engineer provides triage and support for network and circuit outages. The Network Operation Center Engineer works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is used to resolve problems and make routine recommendations.
Network Operation Center Engineer Responsibilities:
- Analyze issues, troubleshoot, and manage resolution of customer T1, cable, and fiber circuit issues.
- Manage carrier repair of customer circuit issues from origin to successful closure.
- Follows a basic understanding of the day to day process and procedures.
- Responds to customer requests in a timely manner by both email and phone.
- Monitors network, responds to alarms and proactively reaches out to customers to determine impact.
- Monitors environment and works with other departments to resolve facility related issues.
- Interacts with other departments for troubleshooting internal/external network events.
- Assists and training other departments with customer test and turn ups, service troubleshooting,
Network Operation Center Engineer Requirements:
- Technical degree or certificate such as A+ and/or Network+ from an accredited institution.
- Certificed experience troubleshooting circuits, LAN, WAN, routers, switches, and network cabling.
- Customer service experience in a technical support role.
Network Operation Center Engineer – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Network Operation Center Engineer? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?