The Patient Representative is responsible for the check in and out process of patients presenting for medical appointments. Tthe Patient Representative initiates appropriate financial referrals to ensure payment of clinical physician services. The Patient Representative also assists with the coordination of managed care authorizations for all services. The Patient Representative is responsible for verifying entry of identified data. Understands the needs of the organization and supports the mission, values and management.
The Patient Representative Responsibilities:
- Pre-registers, pre-admits, and admits patients by telephone
- Collection of accurate demographic information, review and interpretation of insurance benefits
- Obtaining prior authorizations, interaction with public assistance programs
- Interaction with physicians/office personnel as well as other hospital personnel
- Referral of appropriate cases to other internal and external sources to assist patients with discharge/post-hospital care
- Interacting with hospital departments such as Utilization Review and Patient Business Services to ensure correct and timely reimbursement
The Patient Representative Requirements
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of basic accounting transactions (i.e. debiting and crediting) to reconcile accounts
- Ability to communicate via all modes of communication to different parties, i.e. medical insurance companies, patients, staff, etc.
- Ability to analyze patient account problems to formulate logical conclusions as solutions
- Skill in the Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
Patient Representative – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Patient Representative? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.