The Quality Assurance Tester is responsible for designing and implementing test plans to improve the usability of products. The Quality Assurance Tester works with the development team to debug code, correct errors, and troubleshoot any issues with software code. A successful Quality Assurance Tester should be hard-working, have a strong working knowledge of software code and testing methodologies, and be a team player. The Quality Assurance Tester is responsible for reviewing and implementing systematic test plans. The Quality Assurance Tester will collaborate with software developers and project supports to determine project scope and requirements.
Quality Assurance Tester Responsibilities:
- Identify any problems and run debugging programs to fix issues.
- Record all defect details, creating and distributing reports outlining the types of defects found and the steps taken to resolve these issues.
- Maintaining documentation, such as change logs, regarding software and application defects to recognize similar problems in the future and to provide quick resolution.
- Apply testing knowledge early in the software development process.
- Work closely with fellow developers to recognize the potential for any operational issues, assess risks, and resolve issues before the new software is complete.
- Become functional product expert acting as a customer advocate and testing with end-user perspective.
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans.
Quality Assurance Tester Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- A good working knowledge of test management software, programming languages, and QA methodologies.
- Solid experience testing software, operations work, or another technical skillset.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid attention to detail and self-motivated.
Quality Assurance Tester – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Quality Assurance Tester? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.