The Senior Material Quality Engineer typically specialize in metals, plastics or ceramics. The Senior Material Quality Engineer may develop composite materials, or study the atomic structure of materials in order to discover new applications for their mechanical, electrical or chemical properties. The Senior Material Quality Engineer also use power tools, lab equipment and computer technology to process materials. The Senior Material Quality Engineer design and create new materials and the processing technology to produce those materials. The Senior Material Quality Engineer duties include analyzing materials and data, conducting tests, troubleshooting, monitoring performance, insuring quality control and creating documentation.
Senior Material Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Conduce investigations using analytical equipment.
- Verify quality of material suppliers.
- Leverage their understanding of chemistry, materials science, and analytical testing techniques to predict manufacturing behavior of complex materials.
- Lead teams of researchers to identify problems and solutions, draft test plans, obtain funding, and execute work in alignment with the company’s commitments and strategic objectives.
- To enhance the capabilities of an ongoing research and development program, within a multi-disciplinary organization dedicated to advanced materials studies.
- Develop the design of experiments, gather data, and document progress in technical reports.
- Perform lab-scale and pilot-level production of material engineered specialty.
Senior Material Quality Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Physical Science or related.
- Solid ability to manage multiple assignments and responsibilities concurrently.
- Capacity to generate accurate and precise analytical data.
- Experience with materials analysis & testing.
- Strong interpersonal, computer, written & oral communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently, attack new challenges & prioritize needs to meet project goals.
Senior Material Quality Engineer – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Senior Material Quality Engineer? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.