The Tax Accountant Specialist provide project assistance in tax areas to ensure tax liabilities are correctly collected, accrued and paid to the proper authorities on a timely basis. The Tax Accountant Specialist providing customer service, delivers timely answers to business unit questions regarding transaction taxability and/or rates. The Tax Accountant Specialist participate in the monthly close processes and assist with developing and implementing tax savings strategies. The Tax Accountant Specialist provide transaction tax support on business unit initiatives, also prepares and reviews tax depreciation books on a monthly and annual basis. Recognizes and analyzes tax issues and conducts tax research.
Tax Accountant Specialist Responsibilities:
- Perform tax planning, preparation of tax returns and consulting.
- Provide financial planning advice including investments, retirement and estate planning.
- Direct accountants and staff assistants, review programs, review working papers for accuracy and completeness and review the financial statements for suitability of presentation.
- Participate in the development of staff and leading technical training.
- Work directly with the client’s attorneys, taxing authority agents, and other third-parties.
Tax Accountant Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance or equivalent tax training.
- Solid tax experience.
- Online and Tax Portal Research skills.
- Ability to learn, understand, and download reports from financial reporting system, assimilate structured and unstructured data from disparate sources.
- Proficient knowledge of computer related skills and accounting systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Tax Accountant Specialist – USA & Canada
Looking to hire a Tax Accountant Specialist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board. RemotoWorkforce links USA or Canadian Companies with Mexican talent. How our Remote Hiring Process Works?