The Territory Sales Manager´s responsibilities include recruiting and dismissing sales representatives as needed, identifying unmet customer needs, and regularly submitting sales reports to the sales director. The Territory Sales Manager should also be able to keep abreast of the latest industry trends and determine the potential impact it may have on company products and services. The Territory Sales Manager also is responsible for the sales team and sales volume within a specific geographic region. The territory sales manager coordinates with the sales team to identify new business opportunities to meet sales objectives and to cultivate good relationships with new and current customers.
Territory Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Promote sale of products and services to partners and end-users and is ultimately accountable for meeting sales goals and market share goals.
- Measure and evaluate specific territory business.
- Provide solutions where gaps exist and execute these solutions accordingly.
- Own and lead territory story with management team.
- Participate in team conference calls, training and attend all sales meetings.
- Responsible for storage facility and managing product rotation, inventory allocation, supplies, etc., in an efficient and effective way.
- Develops and executes business plans.
- Connect regularly with regional sales leadership to review partner list, forecast, support needed, and best practices.
Territory Sales Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Economics /Finance or related.
- Solid experience in sales, objection handling and negotiation skills.
- Field experience with regular customer contact, knowledge of dealer/distribution network within an assigned geographic area of responsibility and broad product knowledge.
- Understanding of customer segments and their requirements.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with ability to engage a diverse set of stakeholders in organization.
Territory Sales Manager – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Territory Sales Manager? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.