As a member of the Electrical Engineering Department, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electrical design and documentation deliverables as required by tas assigned to them. The engineer is expected to ensure all project specifications are met, applicable codes and standards are followed, and their work exhibits a high level of professional competence and quality.
The Electrical Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Manager. The Electrical Engineer will have an ongoing list of tasks with start and expected completion dates to work on. The Engineer has the enough authority to accomplish the goals and objectives that are under his/her control.
- BA/BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5 years of experience in the automation industry or burner management and combustion control design
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy
- Proficient at the use of AutoCAD Electrical software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organized, detailed-oriented, and able to think designs though completely
- Attentive to details and accuracy
- Capable of reading and understanding electrical schematics and P&IDs.
- Must have the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop electrical designs, schematics, and drawings packages as required in AutoCAD Electrical software.
- Interpret process design (P&ID) and related sales documentation such as customer specifications, Internal Datasheets, etc. Create an electrical package according to the project details and requirements.
- Research supplier products for assembly components.
- Develop electrical Bill of Materials as required.
- Update existing electrical packages such as ladder diagrams, loop diagrams, AC & DC distribution panels, schematic & wiring diagrams as well as panel layouts and BOMs.
- Checking of drawing packages and documentation generated by Electrical Designers and electrical and Process Engineers.
- Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications.
- Ensuring the quality of the assemblers and technicians work and respond to inquiries during the assembly of project control systems.
- Attends project meetings as scheduled