The employee (sales engineer / account manager) would be expected to research and contact potential clients to purchase equipment from our inventory. Sales engineer would follow thru product selection, pricing negotiation, purchase agreement, payment processing, and freight arrangement, acting as liaison between the customer and our main office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and contact potential customers
- Identify customer needs that the company may be able to fill
- Help customer to get answers to technical questions by being the go-between between the customer and our main office
- Work to get a purchase commitment from the customer once equipment is selected
- Help the customer by coordinating payment arrangements with main office
- Help the customer by coordinating freight arrangements with main office
- Follow up with customer to ensure satisfaction
- Track and grow sales in central and south America.
- Suggest marketing initiatives (contact lists we can purchase, effective advertising, etc)
- Good written and spoken communication skills in Spanish and English
- Skilled with email, text messaging, chat such as WhatsApp, etc
- Good mechanical skills, can look at simple rotating equipment and understand the function
- Some understanding of mechanical repair, understands things like motors, bearings, etc
- Can maintain lists of customers, contacts, sales, etc in Excel (using Excel online)