The Control and Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes. The Control and Automation Engineer job is to make sure that these systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely. The Control and Automation Engineer might work for companies who manufacture and supply the equipment or for the companies who use it, such as nuclear and renewable energy companies and environmental agencies. The Control and Automation Engineer is responsible for ensuring that plants create the best products possible in the most efficient manner. Also the Control and Automation Engineer is highly analytical and use these skills to examine and improve processes in order to increase productivity.
Control and Automation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and support for the automation and process control system.
- Direct 3rd party engineering services.
- Own and help develop controls descriptions.
- Owner of training for process control and process modeling methods, tools, techniques, best practices, and standards.
- Provide process control application design (process control strategy) to manufacturing plant in support of process optimization, troubleshooting, and process expansion projects.
- Apply engineering principles to support the development, implementation, commissioning, and validation of process control solutions.
- Assisting in identification of new process control improvement opportunities.
Control and Automation Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Experience in design, development, and implementation of process control process automation solutions or process model development.
- Strong experience in leading development of standards, methods, best practices, and training in the process control, process automation, or process modeling discipline.
- Deep understanding of engineering standards and specifications.
- Capability to follow guidelines and ensure efficiency on given project tasks.
Control and Automation Engineer – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Control and Automation Engineer? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.