The Financial Controller will be responsible for all accounting and financial activities that support the health of the business. The Financial Controller will be responsible for strategic and task based financial operations, production of financial reports and budgets, and maintenance of accounting records and systems. The Financial Controller’s mission will be to streamline the budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes, as well as produce financial-status reports for senior management to help improve efficiencies. The Financial Controller is a hands-on, self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working with others to achieve tremendous results.
The Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Provide financial guidance to senior management to ensure financial goals are monitored and attained.
- Assist in establishing and achieving financial goals on the company and project-level.
- Establish and manage external and internal rate cards to achieve profit goals.
- Guide financial activities and decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Develop internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for managerial and budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration, and other activities.
- Establish and maintain financial controls.
- Prepare and present financial reports and risk analysis.
- Create organizational and project budgets and forecasts.
- Educate senior leadership on company financials.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics.
- Responsible for the company general ledger, Cash Flow, P&L, and Balance Sheet, as well as AP, AR, payroll and client invoicing.
The Financial Controller Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field
- Solid accounting experience
- Experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager
- Strong, proven working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis, finance law, and regulatory standards
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel and Smartsheet
- Detail and process-oriented
- Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand
Financial Controller – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Financial Controller? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.