The Traffic Director role is to coordinate the local and international traffic of shipments to customers and suppliers. The Traffic Director is responsible for the coordination, monitoring and management of traffic activities between warehouse. The Traffic Director coordinates finished product shipment activities. The Traffic Director acts as comunication link between sales team and Customer.
The Traffic Director Responsibilities:
- Performs all necessary manual system transactions for any materials function or transaction type.
- Monitors shipment of materials, products or finished goods between site and other locations or partners.
- Interacts with other departments or areas in order to expedite shipments of materials efficiently.
- Processes freight claims for lost or damaged freight.
- Researches and resolves exceptions in a timely manner.
- Performs Information Systems transactions to accurately reflect movement of materials.
- Reconciles discrepancies in inventory records.
- Provides customer/management reports on accurate state of inventory as needed.
- Reports weekly and monthly performance metrics.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Traffic Director Requirements:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Traffic Director – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Traffic Director? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.