The Human Resources Director is responsible for interpretation and implementation of policies and/or programs related to Human Resources which could include: talent acquisition, employment, employee benefits, employee relations, affirmative action. The Human Resources Director assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. The Human Resources Director regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. The Human Resources Director has the ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. The Human Resources Director has key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem solving.
Human Resources Director Responsibilities:
- Enter all new-hire data into human resources system.
- Place employee assignments and contracts into the human resources system.
- Responsible for processing all payroll records including tax information, direct deposit information and employee pay adjustments.
- Develop and implement programs and initiatives.
- Manage employee relations issues and conduct investigations.
- Conducts personnel interviews.
- Prepares correspondence (employment authorization update forms, offer letters, informational letters, etc.)
- Maintain all employee files and file personnel-related documents including employment documents, performance appraisals, contracts, correspondence, professional development, etc.
Human Resources Director Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in human resources, business, management, or related field.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Engage in behaviors that reflect a commitment to diversity and create an inclusive environment where all people are valued and supported.
- Works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
Human Resources Director – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Human Resources Director? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.