The Virtual Property Manager will handle the day-to-day management of a rental property from a remote or virtual location. The Virtual Property Manager responsibilities typically include explaining lease terms to a new tenant, coordinating any maintenance of the buildings and grounds, and ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations as necessary. The Virtual Property Manager also oversee tax requirements as necessary. The Virtual Property Manager is essentially a landlord with all of the associated duties but are home-based. The Virtual Property Manager may work with a real estate agent to find renters for a site, or you have more than one client and manage several properties.
Virtual Property Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the billing and collection of monthly invoicing to tenants.
- Monitors the non-regular billings are invoiced accurately and on time (i.e. quarterly, semi- annual or annual billings, taxes, ins and percentage rent)
- Keeps property owner informed of potential tenant collection or failure issues, pending lease expirations and tenant options.
- Understands the client’s short term and long-range investment plan for the property and manages the property accordingly to achieve these goals.
- Coordinate tenant construction.
- Handles new tenant move-ins and coordinates with tenants as necessary.
- Responsible for executing the on boarding process of new properties
- Interfaces with outside professionals regarding legal, accounting, insurance, tax, and other matters, as appropriate.
- Prepares and reviews new leases, renewals, amendments, assignments and payment plans.
Virtual Property Manager Requirements:
- College Graduate or related.
- Solid experience as a property manager.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess a high degree of organization.
- Capable at handling multiple tasks and working with several people at once.
Virtual Property Manager – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Virtual Property Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.