The Accountant Virtual Assistant prepares monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations to facilitate the monthly accounting close. The Accountant Virtual Assistant review of monthly journal entries prepared by Associate Accountants. The Accountant Virtual Assistant records quarter-end and year-end closing journal entries; research monthly variances of balance sheet accounts and explain variances between actual and forecasted balances. Also, the Accountant Virtual Assistant prepare ad-hoc analysis around account balance differences along with proposed solution to resolve. The Accountant Virtual Assistant supports inter-company transactions and reconciliations and ensures accuracy and compliance of financial statement schedules.
Accountant Virtual Assistant Responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed balance sheet account reconciliations, obtain corresponding support to verify accuracy of the financial numbers and resolve reconciling items timely.
- Assist in identifying potential process improvements, documenting new policies and procedures, and contributing to sound internal control development.
- Coordinate across cross-functional departments within the company to aide in analysis, research, and adherence to accounting standards and internal policies.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Support Accounting Manager in ad hoc analysis and other projects, including purchase price accounting for acquisitions.
- Works with the external auditors and prepare year-end financial reporting schedules in conjunction with the annual financial statement audit.
Accountant Virtual Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Solid experience and strong accounting skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic account budgeting experience with spreadsheets and expense reporting systems.
Accountant Virtual Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Accountant Virtual Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.