The Medical Records Processor works under immediate supervision and maintains patient files and statistics, responds to requests for medical records, and performs clerical duties. The Medical Records Processor will be responsible for a variety of tasks including collecting patient information, issuing medical files, filing medical records, and processing patient admissions and discharge papers. The Medical Records Processor will have in-depth knowledge of medical terminology, processes, and administrative duties. Also The Medical Records Processor should also demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
Medical Records Processor Responsibilities:
- Processing medical record requests
- High volume and fast paced environment.
- Reports directly to the processing manager.
- Assist as needed in overflow processing due to high volume issues and/or coverage issues.
- Maintain consistent schedule by processing all requests within 24-48 hours of receipt for assigned accounts.
- Provide feedback regarding request volume and perceived issues.
- Monitors incoming requests received through various means.
Medical Records Processor Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving with attentiveness to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to function well in a dynamic, rapid and competing environment.
- Skill to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution.
- Strong willingness to learn.
Medical Records Processor – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Medical Records Processor? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.