The Paralegal/Legal Assistant is someone who assist individual lawyers or legal teams by preparing and prioritizing legal documents. The Paralegal/Legal Assistant perform legal research, compile legal documents and evidence, facilitate interviews, and provide assistance prior to and during court proceedings. The Paralegal/Legal Assistant Support lawyers with various tasks, including conducting legal research, drafting and reviewing documents, communicating with clients, preparing hearings, trials, and meetings, and organizing and maintaining files. The Paralegal/Legal Assistant should have computer and technical knowledge as well as strong analytical, communication and organizational skills.
Paralegal/Legal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Write drafts correspondence, deal summaries, contract amendments, and legal memos
- Revises and redlines legal agreements and other documents
- Maintains and updates various logs, including tracking status of contracts
- Assists internal production/finance or related partners with inquiries of pending and fully executed contracts
- Maintains and organizes efficient filing system, and creates production binders
- Processes the execution and dissemination of agreements to appropriate parties.
Paralegal/Legal Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong experience as an assistant.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize a considerable workload from multiple supervisors.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience revising and redlining documents.
- Ability to read and analyze legal documents.
Paralegal / Legal Assistant – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.