The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for develop effective marketing strategies and plans to communicate the features and benefits of new products to customers. The Product Marketing Manager handle market research on current trending products, establish timescales for upcoming products, influence pricing and packaging, guide sales teams, develop messaging and market positioning around products and take part in presentations and events. The Product Marketing Manager frequently, product marketing managers are the ‘voice of the customer’ within their company, precisely researching consumer needs and experiences. The Product Marketing Manager is mainly found in private sector companies but can be employed by any company that promotes and sells products.
Product Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Own the end to end product development process from concept to launch and continue to iterate on the feature based on metrics and user feedback.
- Work closely with leadership, design, engineering, marketing, and sales, rallying the team to bring features to life.
- Create KPIs for features and create dashboard to track metrics.
- Maintain the product roadmap of your area, balancing input from leadership, customer success/sales, and other stakeholders.
- Study company products.
- Translate technical details into benefits for the user.
- Follow and analyze market trends to position products.
- Develop product marketing strategies (pricing, advertising, product launching).
Product Marketing Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Solid product marketing experience.
- Experience producing thought leadership and product story telling assets.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong experience in market analysis
- Familiar with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns).
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends).
Product Marketing Manager – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Product Marketing Manager? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.