As a Scrum Master, you will be a servant leader and coach, responsible for helping our teams with product development initiatives. The Scrum Master must create a project portfolio that consists of custom integration projects for clients, and on-going project management activities for existing client projects. The Scrum Master is responsible for overseeing multiple teams navigate through all phases of development, from initiation and planning to execution, monitoring, control and closure of projects. The Scrum has a strong presentation, negotiation and facilitation.
The Scrum Master Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Product team, Agile development team, Client services team and company executives, to help mitigate risks and solve impediments for the development teams.
- Manage all Agile ceremonies for teams.
- Create, maintain and track project plans and schedules, as well as issue logs throughout the life of the project so that we can accurately communicate where a project stands.
- Provide regular status reports to clients, mostly internal, so that everybody is aligned on the status of a project
- Offer leadership, guidance and motivation based on lean agile principles to project teams throughout the project life cycle to facilitate value driven fast delivery.
- Other common tasks may include helping coordinate company resources, conducting software team meetings and initiating troubleshooting of technical issues so that impediments are removed.
The Scrum Master Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as computer science, engineering, project management or business administration
- Valid and current PMP or Scrum Master certification
- Solid practical – hands on project-management experience leading and coordinating projects in a technology environment
- Proficiency with industry-standard software and applications including Microsoft Office suite, MS Project and experience working on web-based Portfolio management system(s)
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, and ability to operate under tight deadlines
- Familiar with software product release cycle(s)
- Strong time, personnel and project management skills are essential
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
Scrum Master – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Scrum Master? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.