The Senior Payroll Manager will oversee the organizations payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with law regulations. The Senior Payroll Manager is responsible for the production and timely delivery of three payrolls (monthly salaried, monthly hourly, and semi-monthly). The Senior Payroll Manager closely with the office of human resources also manage all payroll processing duties, coordinate payroll activities, and supervise payroll staff. The Senior Payroll Manager implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
Senior Payroll Manager Responsibilities:
- Participate and Lead Cross-functional teams to implement new processes and/or recommend changes.
- Identify/research and resolve global payroll issues
- Develop the knowledge, abilities, and skills of payroll team
- Subject matter expert of the standard methodologies for payroll, compliance, internal controls, etc.
- Collaborates with other teams to update and establish efficient processes.
- Resolves issues and answers payroll-related questions.
- Maintains knowledge of payroll procedures and ensures compliance with tax laws.
- Provides ad hoc reporting and other documentation to Finance, HR and other authorized parties.
- Manages and trains payroll team members;
- Audits payroll earnings, deductions and taxes for accuracy.
Senior Payroll Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with others of all levels.
- Skill to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to manage people and processes.
Senior Payroll Manager – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Senior Payroll Manager? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.