The Tech Assistant will be required to perform basic administrative tasks including filing, composing emails, scheduling meetings, answering phones, and creating reports. The Tech Assistant will also be required to provide basic technical assistance such as the setting up and cleaning of equipment, setting parameters, checking doses, and overseeing processes. A technical assistant is responsible for supporting business operations by doing administrative and technical tasks under a direct supervisor or tenured staff. Duties of a Tech Assistant include creating meeting reports, scheduling events, responding to clients’ inquiries through email and phone calls, monitoring office inventories, basic troubleshooting on defective equipment, providing recommendations on product development, and analyzing operations processes. The Tech Assistant require strong time-management and multi-tasking skills to perform tasks in a fast-paced environment and high-level operations.
Tech Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assists with the installation and troubleshooting of hardware and software.
- Supports with the setup and installation of new software.
- Logs calls and issues into tracking system.
- Assists with the maintenance of documentation and procedures for installed products.
- Provides hands on support for network infrastructure including both data and storage networks.
- Receives and responds to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails while on duty regarding device problems.
Tech Assistant Requirements:
- Associates degree in Computer/IT related filed or certificate from a Computer/IS Technical School.
- Aptitude to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
Tech Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Tech Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.