The Camp Counselor Assistant will help plan events and lead group events and respond to incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents. The Camp Counselor Assistant log events and maintain records relating to activities, and discuss camper participation and concerns with parents and other camp staff members. The Camp Counselor Assistant should be positive, proactive, and caring while focusing on giving campers a fun, safe camp experience. To succeed as a Camp Counselor Assistant, should be upbeat, decisive, and responsible. Also the Camp Counselor Assistant should also be organized and possess strong leadership skills.
Camp Counselor Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist in scheduling site monitors’ visits and reviews.
- Check monitors’ reports.
- Prepare weekly summaries of monitoring efforts.
- Copy and file documents.
- Provide ongoing training for site monitors.
- Determine need for and following through on corrective action for sites.
- Review the meal counts submitted by sites for unusual meal count patterns.
- Report site problems to the program coordinator.
- Check all monitor’s daily and weekly reports.
- Order meals for each site daily.
- Reconcile invoices weekly.
- Develops and maintains open communication and cooperative relationship with site monitors and staff.
Camp Counselor Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or related.
- Strong leadership, team-building, and communication skills.
- Dynamic and creative in their approach to leading and can come up with activities.
- Solid experience as a group leader.
- Strong ability to learn and follow health & safety policies and other rules and procedures.
Camp Counselor Assistant – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Camp Counselor Assistant? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.