The Desktop Support Technician is generally hired by a company to oversee and maintain their computer hardware and software systems. The Desktop Support Technician skills assist the company in resolving technical issues concerning customer’s accounts or company software infrastructure. A Desktop Support Specialist will also support computer software integration by diagnosing and troubleshooting common problems. The Desktop Support Technician generally begin in IT or IT Assistant roles. Also maintain computer-related infrastructure and assist individuals experiencing IT difficulties and provides necessary reports and documentation related to all software systems.
Desktop Support Technician Responsibilities:
- Receives telephone calls, chats, e-mails, and service desk requests from users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, programming languages, email, or operating systems.
- Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommends and implements corrective solutions.
- Off-site repair for remote users.
- Assesses the need for and implements performance upgrades to PCs.
- Orders new workstations, laptops, and peripherals.
Desktop Support Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related.
- Advanced computer experience in networking and Windows configuration.
- Ability to resolve problems of a difficult nature using documented work-around procedures.
- Ability to identify and resolve basic hardware problems by associating customer reported problems and symptoms to pre-established resolutions using standard instructions from the manufacturer.
- Possesses sufficient fundamental hardware and software proficiency.
Desktop Support Technician – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Desktop Support Technician? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.