Game Designer is responsible of documentation, script writer, level-design, level-scripting, data entry, game balancing, integration of multimedia elements (texts, images, sounds and videos). The Junior Game Designer maintain a strong communication with the different department leads (Producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors).
Junior Game Designer Responsibilities:
- Design and develop multimedia applications, systems, and products involving computer graphics and interactive computing, such as computer-based systems for personal computers or CD-ROM applications.
- Incorporate software applications in multiple technology media systems, such as graphics, animation, text, and sound.
- Design core features of video games.
- Specify innovative game and role-play mechanics, story lines, and character biographies.
- Create and maintain design documentation.
- Guide and collaborate with production staff to produce games as designed.
- Apply fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
Junior Game Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in game design, analytics, or related fields.
- Solid experience working on videogame game design.
- Strong command of art skills including drawing, painting and rendering, perspective, composition, color theory, anatomy, and both 2D and 3D graphic design techniques.
- Expert proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator or related design software.
- Great communication and writing skills.
- A good understanding of object-oriented programming patterns.
- Experience with visual scripting tools.
- Excellent communication, technical & problem-solving skills.
Junior Game Designer – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Junior Game Designer? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.