The Legal Support Clerk play a crucial role in helping attorneys prepare for trials, also prepare and proofread legal correspondence, reports, and documents for accuracy. The Legal Support Clerk together and organize information for use in legal documents, research legal precedents for cases, draft legal memos, gather case materials, and write reports. The Legal Support Clerk Many times, a legal clerk also performs administrative office tasks such as answering phones, signing for packages, greeting guests, monitoring mail, managing office supplies, and making photocopies. The Legal Support Clerk should be organized, have solid research skills, and be comfortable handling confidential client information.
Legal Support Clerk Responsibilities:
- Support attorneys with answering phones, mailing and arranging document delivery, managing calendars, tracking deadlines, reserving conference and training rooms, scheduling and booking travel and stocking office supplies.
- Prepare and proofread legal correspondence, reports, and documents for accuracy.
- Make and maintain attorney and staff files, case files, member files, office files and resource materials in accordance with recognized procedures and standards.
- Assist members with attorney’s services, member inquiries, update member information and training schedules.
- Help attorneys with research and special projects and complete ongoing regular projects.
- Electronically files documents into the firm’s document management system.
- Updates and maintains business development contacts.
- Responds to numerous phone calls and emails in a professional manner.
- Develops and maintains smooth working relationships with staff, attorneys and clients.
Legal Support Clerk Requirements:
- Strong experience working in an office environment.
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Solid experience in legal services.
- Knowledge of fundamental administrative and clerical procedures including to maintaining files, operating phone systems and general office equipment.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite.
Legal Support Clerk – USA & Canada
Are you looking for a Legal Support Clerk? Take a look at our Job Description Board for USA & Canadian companies.