The Principal Account Clerk enforce and carry out existing policies and procedures relative to financial record keeping activities. The Principal Account Clerk make regular contacts with other departmental personnel and the general public in connection with bookkeeping and financial operations. Also the Principal Account Clerk prepare and maintain a variety of complex financial and bookkeeping records and reports; post, adjust, and balance entries to ledgers. The Principal Account Clerk verify the correctness of accounting documents; respond to inquiries and provide financial information and organize and file source documents. The Principal Account Clerk perform operations involving automated accounting systems and spreadsheet programs and perform related duties.
Principal Account Clerk Responsibilities:
- Process financial, accounting, budget, general ledger, payables, purchasing, encumbrance and other transactions.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of financial data in compliance with Controller’s policies and procedures.
- Perform financial data cleanup.
- Generate reports and queries as needed to support tasks.
- Assist in year-end closing.
- Provide feedback and clerical support on Policies and Procedures in use or proposed by the Controller’s Office or other department.
Principal Account Clerk Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field.
- Solid experience in a position supervising and directing accounting and/or financial transaction functions.
- Experience leading strong accounting teams.
- Ability to provide detailed level bookkeeping support – accounts payable, accounts receivable, closing books on a monthly basis and preparing financial reporting.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve client issues.
Principal Account Clerk – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Principal Account Clerk? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.