The Paperback & Ebook Designer creates the cover and visual designs for a published book. The Paperback & Ebook Designer should involve creativity most of all, but also an understanding of the content of the book, and even some business skills. The Paperback & Ebook Designer might be hunched over a slant top desk laboring for hours over an elaborate cover, made from scratch or may be squinting for hours in front of a computer screen running software such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. Then the Paperback & Ebook Designer must incorporate the content with the cover, as well as the page layout and the typography. The Paperback & Ebook Designer must work together with marketing team to create a cohesive and marketable product.
Paperback & Ebook Designer Responsibilities:
- Working to deliver composed or corrected page proof PDFs on schedule.
- Converting, cropping, and adjusting artwork files for print and ebooks.
- Help deliver on design requirements.
- Understand the design idea and concept.
- Pitch unique ideas for design projects.
- Collaborate with senior designer and design team to produce the final product.
- Use the best design methods, applications, software and techniques to work on the project.
- Create drafts and models for review.
- Take on specific tasks to support many projects underway.
Paperback & Ebook Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to design.
- Great digital design and digital typography skills.
- Technology skills.
- Understanding of traditional book layout principles.
- Understanding e-readers: their limitations, capabilities, and usability issues.
- Understanding of web or software development, testing and quality assurance procedures.
Paperback & Ebook Designer – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Paperback & Ebook Designer? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.