The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for building and maintaining a positive image for a company. The Public Relations Specialist will be in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups by writing press releases and other media communications. Also, the Public Relations Specialist respond to requests for information and press conferences, and coaching client representatives in the correct way of communicating with the public and with clients. To be successful like a Public Relations Specialist will need a deep understanding of consumer marketing. The Public Relations Specialist will also need excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Public Relations Specialist Responsibilities:
- Will write press releases.
- Keep and organize PR database.
- Respond to information requests from the media.
- Liaise between client and media.
- Analyze various niches and verticals (as well as competition within them).
- Scrutinize clients’ websites and identify linkable assets.
- Develop custom PR strategies and tactics (based on analysis) for maximum efficiency.
- Locate and vet viable link prospects and opportunities.
- Craft compelling outreach.
- Keep outreach conversations fresh through regular follow-ups.
- Engage and interact via social media.
- Potentially represent clients’ companies online.
- Organize and maintain multi-faceted campaigns.
Public Relations Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Solid experience in corporate communications, public relations, media relations and/or related discipline.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and creatively.
- Strong experience in media relations (media pitching, staffing media interviews).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to interact with and work closely with senior executive.
- Plans organizes, schedules, and tracks activity with a focus on measurable results.
Public Relations Specialist – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Public Relations Specialist? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian businesses.