The Personal Secretary typically carries out administrative work on behalf of one individual, unlike an administrator who tends to look after a team. The Personal Secretary is usually a manager or executive in a commercial, not-for-profit or public sector organization. The role of a Personal Secretary is to free an executive’s time from administrative duties so that they can spend maximum time on strategic tasks. The Personal Secretary will be responsible for scheduling meetings, taking notes, and handling correspondence on behalf of managers. The Personal Secretary may also be required to make travel arrangements and assist with other duties when required.
Personal Secretary Responsibilities:
- Screen and prioritize incoming mail for needed action and follow up.
- Responds to mail where appropriate or distributes mail requiring attention to appropriate individual(s).
- Screen telephone calls, answer inquiries or direct caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/or resolution.
- Phone reception.
- Warranty administration.
- Customer assistance.
Personal Secretary Requirements:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Strong experience working as a secretary.
- Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill to listen attentively.
- Competence to schedule and prioritize workflow.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
Personal Secretary – US & Canada
Are you looking for a Personal Secretary? Take a look at our Job Descriptions Board for US & Canadian companies.